Farmers’ Empowerment and Revenue Multiplication (FERM) is a development project initiated and facilitated by The Ark Shore Konsults. It was launched on 1st of August, 2017 and it will run for the next five years. The purpose of FERM project is empower farmers intellectually and materially towards better aquaculture production. It aims to solve certain problems faced by fish farmers in Nigeria such as: poor supply and high cost of production inputs (feed, fingerlings); inadequate technical & commercial knowledge and inefficient marketing of aquaculture products. Embedded in the project are opportunities for farmers to have multiple streams of income. The project will also enable various actors in the aquaculture value chain to interact, lending hand to each other and achieving the same goal of increased and sustainable productivity.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM FERM PROJECT?
Fish farmers (aquaculturists) who reside in Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Kwara States of Nigeria.
WHAT ARE THE COMPONENTS OF FERM PROJECT?
The project has three components namely:
- Capacity Building Program: Here we aim to intellectually empower fish farmers. The farmers are furnished with knowledge, skills and attitude required to be successful in aquaculture value chain. This program is comprised of
- Nigerian Agricultural Enterprise Curriculum (NAEC)
- Best Practices in Aquaculture
- Group Dynamics
- Mentoring and Consultancy Services
- Farmers Feed Relief Scheme: In this scheme, farmers will be able to get their fish feed to complete their aquaculture business cycle with loan in form of feed from input providers which are actors in the value chain. The loan will be monitored and repaid when they harvest.
- Off-takers Farmers Network: Farmers’ difficulty in selling their harvested produce will be addressed by building a network of off-takers who will buy their harvested fish and we will also instil the culture of production based on market demand specificity.
I AM INTERESTED IN THE PROJECT, HOW DO I START?
- Become NAEC-certified farmer. You can call 08038315853 to inquire about NAEC trainings in your locations
- Click here to download registration form, print it out and fill in the required information.
- Bring the form to The Ark Shore Konsults office at LD 7&8, Ondo State Industrial Park, Ilesa-Owo Expressway, Akure, Nigeria
- Pay for NAEC training (N7,000), registration form processing fees (N1,000) and farm visit and monitoring fees (N2,000). The total amount of N10,000 could be brought with the printed and filled registration form to our office or be paid beforehand into this account number: 0218862794; account name The Arkshore Konsult, bank: Guranatee Trust Bank
- For further enquiries and explanations call 08038315853 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org